the happy couple

the happy couple
This is where we will be 'tying the knot' exactly one year before the wedding!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Date Up-Date

After much consideration, I am considering a wedding date in May of 2011 in addition to September 2011--essentially Labor Day weekend or Memorial Day weekend.  I anticipate it will be more difficult to get a venue in May than September, so I am keeping all options open.  So I originally thought September because I thought there would be a chance I would defend my PhD dissertation in May 2011 and I didn't want to do both in the same month.  The more I think about it, the more I think that it will be extremely unlikely for me to finish in May 2011 and much more likely I will finish in December of 2011.  And whats really cool is that the anniversary of when we started dating also falls on Memorial Day.  So it would be really cool to get married then too.  I am also open to dates around these two weekends, but it sure would be nice to have it during a three-day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment