Friday, April 2, 2010
New Prospective Venue
Linda and Roylene suggested Independence Grove, a beautiful forest preserve/park in Libertyville, as a potential venue for the wedding, but I was concerned about transportation to a hotel. (We will probably have many out-of-town guests and I want to ensure all of our guests have absolutely NO reason to drink and drive). There is a Holiday Inn Express across 137 (Buckley Road), but without transportation people would be left to walk about a half a mile and cross a major highway to get there. Not exactly an ideal situation. However, both the Holiday Inn Express and Indigo Hotel provide transportation to their hotels. Now this place has become much more appealing. Especially considering I worked at Independence Grove to get it ready to open when I worked in the YCC (Youth Conservation Corps) a few years back. I helped plant the flowers and shrubs at the entrance, helped build a fence on the property, and if I recall correctly, I think I also helped build a canoe rack there too. From what I can remember the place is really nice. There is even a swimming beach and a place to rent paddle boats. Mom called them and we should be able to stop by there tomorrow to check it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment