the happy couple

the happy couple
This is where we will be 'tying the knot' exactly one year before the wedding!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Setting the Date

Well, we haven't set an exact date yet.  But the plan is for the wedding to be in September or October of 2011.  I would like to have it over a long weekend, to make traveling easier for all our out-of-town family, but that leaves Labor Day weekend (I'm thinking it will be too close to field season, if I have one next year and too close to the beginning of school) or Columbus Day (snow is possible...).  I plan to graduate either in May or December of 2011, so having a wedding in September or October will give me enough time, in either case, to feel comfortable with having a wedding the same year I defend my dissertation.

Being who I am, it shouldn't surprise anyone that I ordered a book about planning a wedding this week.  It's called "The Knot Book of Wedding Lists".  I have found that making lists is the best way for me to get things done, so I figure this book should be helpful.  I have a feeling I have no clue what the process of planning a wedding entails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment