the happy couple

the happy couple
This is where we will be 'tying the knot' exactly one year before the wedding!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Does anyone even read this anymore?

Does anyone read this anymore?  Or have my incoherent rants pushed all my readers to greener pastures?

I have changed the game plan for this blog in the past few entries.  You may have noticed.  I stopped writing what I thought were boring descriptions of mundane planning tasks and have started writing what is really on my mind.  This means two things, at least as far as I can tell.  1) The posts have gotten longer.  There are a lot of things on my mind, so naturally I have a lot to share.  2) The posts have become more erratic and some sections don't relate to the wedding at all (see my 'Ode to Caffeine' posted yesterday).  I like to think this is because I am so excited to get married.  I am, that is definitely true, but all the hurdles I have to jump over between now and then are daunting.

Eric handles this in a completely different way.  I woke up Monday morning to find him busy on the computer ordering gifts for his groomsmen.  (Yes, Eric was up before dawn online shopping at Farm & Fleet.)  He thoroughly considered his options, did some research, and made a decision.  Now it is done- check it off the list.  I can't do that anymore and it is really getting on my nerves.

My strategy is locate something really cool to get my bridesmaids.  Leave the website open in my internet browser for a week.  Include the item in a list of things to buy.  Put the list of things to buy on the table.  Leave on table until...well, lets just say it is still on the table.

Eric let me wear my wedding ring for a little while last night.  It was fun.  I like it a lot.  I didn't want to give it back to him.  I figure I need to wear it more often to 'make sure it fits'.

1 comment: