the happy couple

the happy couple
This is where we will be 'tying the knot' exactly one year before the wedding!

Monday, February 14, 2011

I LOVE CAFFEINE!

Eric and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day.  Instead, we celebrate 'mid-February Relationship Day', which I have astutely designated to be Feb 21- the anniversary of our engagement...I think (ok, I am 90% sure that it was Feb 21).  Anyway, the point of this is that I am making caffeine my official valentine, since I don't feel obliged to make Eric my valentine.  You may ask why.  Because I am in love with it.  It comes in so many forms AND it is calorie free!  That is like free energy.   I have a deep passion for diet coke, especially when it comes from a soda fountain.  Two-liters are ok, but they go flat or Eric drinks them before I can really enjoy the fizzy goodness.  Coffee is also super-awesome, but only when it is cold outside and it is made from fresh ground beans.  Iced coffee is ok in the summer, but it's not the same.

Since I have so much to do in the next few weeks, I thought I would waste some of my precious time apprising you of some of the items I need to accomplish.  While I may tell myself that this is for my readers' benefit, it's really a procrastination tool.  

So I am sort of on top of the invitations.  I have all addresses entered into a file I can use to print these addresses right on the envelope- thereby avoiding the painful process of handwriting 150 addresses in cursive.  I haven't written in actual cursive since I left the third grade.  I don't think it is going to suddenly come back to me. 

We are writing our own vows.  Our officiant, Judge Patrick Lawler, is going to help us.  We haven't exactly started this.

On the entertainment side, we have a FOUR page 'event planner' to fill out.  The first page is just the basics, names, dates, locations, etc.  The next PAGE is introductions.  We have to provide phonetic spelling.  CHEESE & RICE!  Do you know how I 'phonetically' spelled my name for my commencement form...

"Cary (rhymes with Harry)    

Ann   

Kotch (rhymes with botch)...." 

As in don't botch the pronunciation of my deceptively simple last name.  Phonetic spelling- not as easy as you might think.  What is the 'Generation Dance' and to what generation are they referring?  Cupid Shuffle...huh?  At least I know what the 'Cha Cha Slide' is (and NO it will NOT be played). 

I am still agonizing over flower girl accessories, cake toppers, and bridal party gifts.  Though I have found a promising cake topper.  I think I may need to 'convince' my mom it is a good cake topper, but I have some time on that.

Favors!  ARE.  GOING.  TO.  BE.  AWESOME!

Oh and I am helping to plan a 250+ person scientific meeting taking place in Minneapolis in March.

That's all for now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment