the happy couple

the happy couple
This is where we will be 'tying the knot' exactly one year before the wedding!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bachelorette Party Madness

So I have had this recent fixation on planning my bachelorette party, which, apparently, I am not even supposed to be doing.  When I was the maid-of-honor for my cousin Kami, I was so wrapped up in my insect-centered world that I didn't do much to help her with her wedding.  I guess now I feel like I should be taking care of all these things since I kind of left her to fend for herself.  I seem to lack the part of the female brain where etiquette rules are stored.  Either that or I have replaced all of it with aphid ecology.  So if I offend anyone before I get to the altar- I apologize.  It was most definitely not intentional.  Entomologists are almost by definition socially awkward and I am not the exception to the rule.

It started with a vision: my close female relatives, best friends, future sisters all gathered together on a rooftop in Chicago enjoying food, drink, and each other's company.  The sun is shining, the Cubs are winning, and I am relaxed and having an awesome time.

Then reality set in.  Holy crap its 2011.  Holy crap if I want to do this rooftop thing I should have reserved the space, like yesterday.  Holy crap this is expensive!  Holy crap I have about a billion other things to worry about.  Not to mention that the sun will probably not be shining in early April in Chicago and even if it is, it will probably be accompanied by below-freezing wind chills (especially on a rooftop!). I need to write my dissertation like now, since I put my graduation date as 'spring 2011' on that post-doc application I sent in yesterday.  This is about the time I wonder what the heck I have gotten myself into and start looking around for the vodka.  But there is no vodka because it's Saturday and I am in my office working on these damned statistical models that I have already run 14 times already.  Crap.

So yeah, this is what I have been up to and I hope it partially explains the crazy emails I have been sending everyone for the past few days.

This to shall pass and I will have an awesome bachelorette party, without windburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment