the happy couple

the happy couple
This is where we will be 'tying the knot' exactly one year before the wedding!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Invitations

We are working on selecting and ordering invitations.  It is my least favorite wedding planning activity.  I don't know if it's my least favorite because of the hours we spent in party stores and Hallmark stores looking at what were seemingly the same invitations over and over again (in every book there were a few that were new, so we had to look at them all, but as we looked through each binder 80% of the designs we had already seen- and most weren't pretty).  Or because Eric said 'No!" almost every time I turned a page (who knew he would have such a strong opinion on invitations?)  Or maybe because invitations are pretty much the most boring of all the things we have picked out so far. 

So after all that, you would think we picked out the perfect design- purple and ivory, maybe some entomological features-NOPE!  I think we are going as simple as we can, with a twist: ecru card stock, simple border, traditional wording, and the twist?  Lapis-colored ink.  I don't even know if it will be obviously purple or just look black, but at least it can't look bad (and at least everyone who reads this will know that the ink is actually lapis and not black).  Also, I am very excited to order these online instead of filling out 18 different forms and looking at 18 different proofs before it is all said and done.  Just click click click and viola! Invitations arrive in less than a week and no human interaction (or mistakes)!   

1 comment:

  1. Katie said this was her least favorite and boring part too. She also agrees there is NOTHING good out there. I like the idea of going simple with the lapis color ink!!

    ReplyDelete