the happy couple

the happy couple
This is where we will be 'tying the knot' exactly one year before the wedding!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Showers of Fun!

It has been a while...and now the wedding is less than two months away.  Eek!  Our response deadline is in a couple of days, so once we get our guest list finalized, we will be on our way!  The place cards are just waiting to printed...

We have had two 'showers' in the past few weeks and they were both awesome!  Our couple's shower was huge, crazy, and awesome, as usual.  My aunts, Ann Marie, Roylene, Nancy, and Mary did a great job putting it all together.  Last weekend Eric's mom, Linda, and his sister, Alison, threw us another shower which was a great time too.  It was nice to spend time with family and friends of the Buckmans I don't know as well. 

Well, I feel like we have made a lot of progress, but then again, at this stage in the game that is a necessity.  I had my first dress fitting on Sunday with my Aunt Nancy.  All she has to do is pick the dress up a bit in the front and bustle it.  BUT I can't lose more than 10-12 more lbs (like that will be a problem) and I can't gain anything back, unless, of course, I don't plan on breathing on May 28.

I am getting nervous.  I feel like I am completely overlooking an important part of the planning.  I am probably not, but you I still have that feeling. Time to get out the big book of wedding lists and make sure I can check everything off.

Status Updates:

Vows: we have some 'working' vows.  We sent them to Judge Lawler.  Now we need to find time to call him and talk to him about them and the ceremony.  I *think* I remember him saying that he would write the rest of the ceremony (outside of the vows) and I hope that is true because I haven't really thought about the rest of it. 

Music: mostly done.  I have chosen all the ceremony music and most of the reception music.  Still thinking about a couple of selections.

Programs: nearly there.  Just need to finalize, print, and fold.

Favors: ordered!

Well, that's all for now..hopefully more info to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment