Monday, June 14, 2010
Cake server
So I encountered my first bit of wedding 'drama' this weekend. Eric and I have been working on our registry. We already picked out a china pattern and I found a matching knife/cake server set that I love. It was online at Macy's website, but it wasn't in stock. After I found another set that also matched our china pattern, I figured that the one I wanted was being discontinued. I decided to follow the advice I have received and just buy it as soon as I could find it.
We were at Macy's this weekend adding cutlery and cookware to the list, so I asked about the dessert set I wanted. They looked it up and there were a few available at different stores around the country. The ladies at Macy's, which were actually really helpful with the registry, started calling around to get one sent to our store (Rosedale, MN). No one had one and after an hour, we decided to call it a day and we went home. As soon as I got home, I started checking Bed, Bath, and Beyond (which also carries our china pattern- I think for $0.01 less than Macy's), Overstock.com, even Kate Spade's website (the designer of our pattern) with no luck. They all had the newer set.
I finally checked ebay. I am always amazed at what you can find there. Low and behold, I found a seller with 4 sets, new in the box. Needless to say, I clicked "Buy it now" and didn't even care about the $11 shipping costs (even with shipping, it was still cheaper than the retail price at Macy's).
So we now have a cake knife and server for the reception, which also matches the china pattern we registered for. Maybe we will actually use it after the wedding!
Ok, so the 'drama' part was a little exaggerated...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a cool pattern. This reminds of some famous advice I heard in February: "If you see it and you love it, buy it!"
ReplyDeleteHands down! That is great advice.
ReplyDelete