the happy couple

the happy couple
This is where we will be 'tying the knot' exactly one year before the wedding!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bridesmaid Dresses


These are the bridesmaid dresses I picked out on Sunday.  They really complement my wedding gown.  The color is a dark purple they call 'lapis', even though lapis is really blue.  Sharon tried it on and it was very flattering, so I think it will look good on everyone.

The flower girl dresses are ivory with a lapis sash that has a big bow in the back.  I am also thinking about having them wear a coordinating wreath in their hair, especially since Lindsey commented that she did not like headbands (though she would wear one for my wedding if I asked her).

I won't post a picture of my wedding dress, since Eric isn't supposed to see it.  But I will tell you it's ivory and not at all what I expected to end up with.  I do have pictures of me trying on the dress, so if anyone wants to see it, email me and I can send you a picture.

I am really excited to have that all the attire picked out (except for the guys, but that's not my responsibility).  As soon as I decided on a dress, everything else just seemed to fall into place. That was a relief considering the dress I finally picked was approximately #28 of 30 I tried on.  I was getting really frustrated.  I didn't really have an "aha!" moment like everyone says you do when you know this is "the one".

No comments:

Post a Comment